Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Blue Coast

The Blue Coast (Côte Bleue) is a hop-on-hop-off day train that goes north from Marseille along a coast. Mid way into its journey, it turns inland, leaving the literally blue coast behind.

We took this train this Sunday. We had actually planned to take it the week before last. But we missed the one that left at 10.30 AM. The following one was only was 2.30 in the afternoon, taking which didn't make sense.

We decided to get off at Martigues, which is called the 'Venice of Provence.' I can't tell you about the accuracy of this title since I haven't been to Venice. I told this to my father and he said: " Well, a film that I recently saw called Venice the Dharavi of Europe. So it really a matter of opinion!" Indeed, I say.

Some pictures of Martigues...








These trains arrive and depart from the stations at regular intervals. From Martigues, we came down to Carry-le-Rouet to spend the rest of the day at the beach. The water is surprisingly cold and lying the sun after a dip makes up for it. We had a lovely day and had some views along the way!

(Details here.)

No comments: